The University of Virginia, a state-supported institution with an enrollment of over 20,000 students, invites applications for the position of Assignment Coordinator. The primary focus of Housing & Residence Life (HRL) is to provide services and programmatic direction for all on-Grounds residential students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, staff, and conference guests. With over two million square feet of residential building space, Housing & Residence Life strives to create inclusive environments that support the academic, cultural, and social goals of the University.
The Assignments Coordinator is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities related to assigning undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff to on-Grounds housing spaces, as well as providing customer service and support to residents and their families as they make housing decisions. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Assignments, the position will collaborate with other department staff to execute the housing application and contracting processes using StarRez housing management software. These processes are in a high-volume setting involving approximately 8,500 applications for 7,000 bed spaces located across 20 residential areas on Grounds.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Assignments and Contracts – In collaboration with others, execute multi-phased application, roommate selection, room selection, contracting, move-in and move-out processes for undergraduate, graduate and faculty/staff housing.
• Reporting, Analysis and Record Management – Prepare and distribute resident rosters, application statistics, and occupancy reports. Execute transfer of student data to and from Student Information System.
• Customer Service – Provide helpful and accurate responses to email, phone and walk-in questions and complaints from residents and applicants related to on-Grounds and off-Grounds housing. Refer to appropriate University resources as needed.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma and 6 or more years of directly applicable experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred and may substitute for the required years of experience.
• Proven excellent customer service skills with a large and diverse customer base. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required, as well as the ability to analyze data and think systematically about complex assignment processes.
• Previous experience with StarRez or similar housing assignments software system is preferred.
A competitive benefits package is offered. To apply, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting number 0622548. Complete a staff application and attach a cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three professional references (indicating relationship of each). Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. A detailed job description is available at http://housing.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. For assistance with the online submission process, please contact University Human Resources at 434-924-4598.